Saturday, December 18, 2010

Back!

Well, now that the semester's over, I think I have the time/initiative to start blogging again. :D
Overview of this semester:
1. I joined Syncopasian, an a cappella group at MIT that...well...sings Asian songs. And some other songs. It's been a lot of fun trying out something new and learning fake Mandarin, etc. I'm singing bass...yeah. Not so sure about that. And I've been doing some arranging, which is a blast. See below? I and two other people in Syncopasian arranged this (a medley of Sakura, Arirang, and Mo Li Hua).

2. Classes went well! After dropping 18.100B, everything else was fine. I kind of sort of missed the second 5.60 exam (yeah....almost disastrous), but then I took a make-up and it was all good. Grades aren't all in yet, but I think I got all A's?
3. I'm trying my best to spend more time in 3rd West. Kind of.
4. Fire Emblem. Lots of it. I beat FE7 and Path of Radiance, and got about a quarter through Radiant Dawn. Why is this game so boring when others are playing, but so fun when you're playing? The world may never know.
5. Mahjong and Tractor/Tuo La Ji/Ba Shi Fen/Sheng Ji/80 Points/whatever. Perhaps too much of both. :/ I also taught both for Splash with a couple of friends! That was a lot of fun.

All in all, it was a pretty good semester. But now what? I feel like I should be doing something both fun and semi-productive over winter break, but I don't really know what. Ideas, anyone?

2 comments: