Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hickeys

...or rather, violin hickeys. Those sad, red marks on most violin and viola players' necks. Sigh. I used to not get them, but now I do, and they suck. They're itchy and hurt, and plus there's the whole looking-like-a-hickey thing. One of my friends saw it for the first time and asked if I was making out with Dracula. Well, no, though I'm starting to think that my chinrest wants me dead as well.

(I guess I can kind of see the teeth?)

Strangely, these "hickeys" tend to be the worst for me right after I start playing and right after I stop playing. Maybe this is my body's attempt to punish me for stopping practicing? o_O So as I mentioned in an earlier post, I couldn't motivate myself to practice violin for a long time. Well, after that post, I've been trying to practice more...and my body hated me for it. I had apparently not played in so long that my "hickey" disappeared completely, along with my finger calluses. Ouch. But now it's back to normal: hickey on neck, callused fingers, crushed fingernails...:D oh the joys of playing violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment