Friday, July 23, 2010

Styrofoam

I hate Styrofoam. Hate, hate, hate. More specifically, the sound it makes. I don't know why, but ever since I was young, even thinking about that sound was enough to give me chills - kind of like how a lot of people react to fingernails being dragged (drug? :P) down chalkboards. I've never done or heard this, but I'm pretty sure that I don't want to. At all.

(Squeaky death.)
It's getting pretty bad nowadays because in lab, styrofoam is used all the time in packaging and such. Even though I always hear it and I always anticipate the sound, it somehow is as agonizing and chill-inducing every time. I had a rather dramatic showdown with a test tube that was lodged in a styrofoam container the other day. Needless to say, I lost. D:

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just weird? I think I met someone once who reacted like I do to styrofoam, except to metal scraping against metal. In any case, let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hongyou doesn't like metal.

    Also

    POLYMEERRRS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost talked about sneezing in bright sun and how you were the first other person I met who also did that. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that this?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photic_sneeze_reflex

    ReplyDelete