Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thoughts on AP Econ, NEC

Both AP Econs were very easy...
Macro was a joke for both sections. I think 48 hours has passed now? One of them dealt with a fictional country called Tara, so I wrote "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" (but then crossed it out) and called its currency the Scarlett, represented by $. >_> I was bored and I had like 35 minutes left in the open response section when I finished.
Micro....MC was harder than I thought it would be, but I can't discuss the questions, lest the AP Secret Police come after me. But the open response was even easier than Macro...wow. I finished 30 minutes early, and I asked the proctor if I could leave early if I turned in all my stuff. He said yes, so I did so. But apparently, he threatened others who tried to leave that their score would get canceled if they left? ... So I panicked and asked him later, but he said it was fine... o.O

NEC
Yesterday was the last official day of NEC. Thus concludes my tenth and final year there...wow. 10 years...
However, all my activities are continuing for ~3 more weeks at least, so nothing actually ended...
Oh yes, and evaluation results. Piano was like...oh, you did really well, but you didn't get that one piece memorized so we can't give you the certificate. Therefore, they gave me the highest possible grade that you can't get a certificate for. Violin....the teachers grade off a rubric, where they circle ovals for each aspect of playing (sort of like Senior Districts/All-state). Hm. All of the ovals that they circled were in the Pass with Honors zone, but I ended up with a High Pass++. Um. My hunch is that, since my teacher didn't give me a Pass with Honors in her teacher eval or w/e, they couldn't give me a Pass with Honors overall. Waah, I could have gotten a Level IV Pass with Honors... :(
Oh, yes. And COME TO THE YPO CONCERT WEDNESDAY! :) Our program is:
Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune by Debussy
Ravel Piano Concerto by... Ravel (who do you think -_-)
Petrushka by Stravinsky
The pianist is amazing, and the other pieces sound good as well. Tickets are $10 and available at the door. Click here for directions. I think there are a couple of people who already want to go, so contact me by Gtalk if you want to go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment