Sunday, January 11, 2009

Firefox Add-ons

So I use Firefox, after I realized how slow and horrid IE was in comparison (Incidentally, I tried to run IE today and it doesn't work. Hm.). I also added a fair amount of add-ons, to say the least. You can get all of these add-ons from here.
Here are the add-ons I have:
1. WOT (Web of Trust) - AWESOME. Users rate websites as excellent, good, unsatisfactory, dangerous, etc., and submit it to the WOT website. So, if you're entering a potentially dangerous website, it stops you from entering. Very good. 10/10
2. Adblock plus - Blocks all banner ads. Very useful, I forgot about the existence of banner ads until I tried using some other computer to play games. >.< 10/10
3. NoScript - Blocks all scripts, and you allow individual sites to run scripts or just allow individual scripts. It also blocks clickjacking. However, it can be annoying to configure, since it starts out blocking everything, so YouTube and stuff is blocked as well. However, once you get used to it, it's pretty good. Something I'm noticing right now: Blogger also runs Google Analytics, which tracks the users coming to certain sites to analyze visitor info. Hm. 9/10
4. Text-to-Image - Text links come with image thumbnails. It screws up Wikipedia pictures; you have to double click the images, and just in general not that useful. 7/10
5. ColorfulTabs - Now your tabs are in funky pastel colors, and you can set tab backgrounds, as well! It's pretty good, nothing bad to say about it. 9/10
6. FireGestures - Like Opera mouse gestures. Hm. There are too many, and I'm too lazy to memorize them, but I suppose they'd be convenient. 8.5/10
7. 1-ClickWeather - On the status bar, it has links to the national and local forecast, along with current weather, tonight's weather, and tomorrow's weather. Oh, and severe weather alerts. Nifty! 10/10
8. All-in-One Sidebar - Bookmarks, history, downloads, page info, and add-ons, all in one handy sidebar! It can be annoying, though, because it pops up when you bring your mouse to the side of a window. 9/10

I also have Opera, Chrome, and Safari. Opera is...nondescript, Chrome's pretty cool, and iTunes sniped me to add Safari (I accidentally downloaded along with an iTunes update). But mostly I don't use them because I like my Firefox add-ons. >)

1 comment:

  1. Woo firefox!
    Have you tried/are you using Minefield? It's basically the latest firefox beta, runs the same as firefox but as fast as chrome and mostly without that nasty RAM hogging. The only problem is that a few plugins don't work.

    ReplyDelete